Saturday, January 30, 2010

Poem: Break Away From Me

Staring into the mirror, trying to understand what I see,
Looking through these eyes, I see they don't belong to me.
Left to myself, defeated and alone,
This fear of the dark never outgrown.

I see what I see-but what I see is not me.
I am me but I don't know me-or what I should be.
In the dark of night I shudder at my own being,
And these scars I hide from all eyes seeing.

Broken and confused, the Answer must be found within,
The Answer to the Question, the Answer needed to win.
I must know the Answer lest all my hope perish,
All my Love die, and lose all that I cherish.

The Answer is neither near nor far; it's everywhere.
But to find it I cannot stay hidden here, I must venture out there.
One day, through eyes that belong to me I will finally see,
But to see through my eyes I must learn to break away from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment