Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Dear Mr. Policeman...

Dear Mr. Policeman,
 I must inform you that you're doing your job wrong.
You see, you stopping me and questioning me is institutionally racist since I'm a black man, even though I was clearly breaking the law. In fact, it's your fault that I broke the law, because you're patrolling my area, even though my friends and I have turned it into the high crime area that it is. Also, because I am a black man, I have every right to ignore you, disrespect you, fight you, attempt to harm you, and continue breaking the law. No, Mr. Policeman, I've never actually studied any bit of law at all, and I've never been a policeman. 
You see, I can't actually be held responsible for my actions, because my society has told me that because I am a black man, that nothing is actually my fault, it's your fault for not fixing my life for me. My society taught me that if a bleeding heart white woman doesn't speak up for me, I have no voice. If a white person, tortured with the indignity of being white, doesn't fix my neighborhood, it will never get fixed. If a predominately white organization doesn't give me the money, I'll never be able to get an education. If a well meaning white teacher doesn't take pity on me and treat me as her own underprivileged project child, I'll never learn anything in school. In fact, my society has taught me that unless it's a hashtag, it's not actually important. 
So you see, Mr. Policeman, you're doing your job all wrong. You can't stop me, or question me, or arrest me. You can't expect me to follow your lawful orders, or any laws for that matter. As a strong black man who's black life matters, you cannot hold me responsible for anything I do or say, because it's not my fault that no white knight has appeared in my life and fixed my shit for me. Ultimately, Mr. Policeman, you are the cause of all my problems. I don't actually have any viable proof to substantiate my claims. But, I did read it on Facebook, so it must be true. Shame on you, Mr. Policeman, for terrorizing me under the guise of "doing your job." How dare you.
 

Sincerely,
An Ignorant Black Man

No comments:

Post a Comment