Thursday, February 24, 2011

Prose: Chaotic Dark

I am that Chaotic Dark.
I am that space between the worlds,
The Purgatory, the Limbo, the Abyss.
I am that void where nothing exists and naught lives.
I am that haunting shadow,
That darkening mass hovering o'erhead
That envelops the mind and blinds the eye.

I am a formless shroud-I am dark matter.
No Light lives here; 't will not survive.
It comes and goes, only to be shattered to bits
By the pressure of a million dark smiles.
Is is stabbed to death by the pointed stares of
Eternally wretchedly unsighted eyes.
It has come and it has gone...to fight a losing battle.

No joyous sound to be heard,
Not a child's laugh nor bird's song,
Barred by the obscurity of the pervading night.
Only Devilish whispers and hushed voices,
The only embodiments of the Evil found here.
They only come at night, the deafening sounds,
In dream, or most, in a lover's word.

Storms abound in this antagonistic field,
An island in the midst of a tempestuous sea.
The waves hurl themselves upon the shore
With a brutal and eerie force,
Forever pulverizing any who deign rescue or escape.
Whirlwinds of epic proportion spin,
Wreaking their havoc time and again.

Ever-long the Shadows cross the sky and blot the ground.
A Balm in Gilead? None to be found.
Surcease of night and advent of the sun,
A re-occuring nightmare never to come true.
The lover's word, a child's laugh-wishes only.
This is my curse-I am that Chaotic Dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment