Friday, May 6, 2011

Poem: Burn With Me

Burn it all to the ground.
Scream your agony without a sound.
These scars I bear are all too real.
Step inside the inferno and whisper what you feel.

Tell me your pain is the same as mine,
That you share these Shadows and Hauntings of the Gothic Divine.
Through these flames make me believe
That there is hope for this belief in final reprieve.

Carry your cross as I have carried this.
Sing to me a lullaby of dark Love’s fabled bliss.
Step inside, burn alive, and show me you are true,
Else gaze into the mirror and let your reflection be the death of you.

A spark ignited, my heart alight, this world consumed by night.
These blackest flames, the pain I gain with no relief from Heaven’s rain.
Open your eyes, set fire to your heart, scream my name with all thy might.
Lay with me on this bed of flame burning its blackest bright and love me if you deign. 

No comments:

Post a Comment