Friday, May 6, 2011

Poem: This Is Why

I’ll watch over you all night long,
Hold you up when you can’t be strong,
When the sun fades, I’ll keep you warm,
I’ll be your shelter in the storm
You are my everything
This is why ill never leave.

Above the ashes of my fires,
Something beautiful here now lies,
Even when the flower fades and dies,
I will wipe the tears from your eyes.
If all of your dreams are no longer in sight,
When your soul can no longer fight,
When your days have no more light,

That’s when I’ll watch over you all night long
I’ll stand your ground when you can’t be strong.
When the sun fades, I’ll keep you warm,
I will be your shelter in the storm.
You have given me everything,
This is why I’ll never leave.

I’ll be with you ‘til your journey’s done,
I will carry you when you can no longer run,
Lift you up when you lose the strength to walk,
Be your voice when you lose the will to talk.
When all the faces lie,
And you have no more tears to cry,
I will be your truth,
I will never leave you.

I’ll stand guard over you all night long.
Stand for you when you can’t be strong.
If the sun should fade, I will keep you warm.
I will be your shelter in the storm.
You are everything to me,
This is why I’ll never leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment