Faith. Trust. Hope. Love.
Trust-that which I do not have.
Hope-that which I have all but completely lost.
Faith-that which I have forsaken.
Love-that which I have come to dread.
Buried inside lies a strange thing,
It wrestles to be free.
Though I have long since learned ‘tis best not to bring,
This Hope of Faith and Trust and Love hidden within me.
Begone from me this Hope. Thou hast no song for me to sing!
In a dream world is thy home; this plane hath no place for thee!
A joke, a joke are thee, o Faith!
What is this Faith but uncalled for and unfounded belief?
To believe without reason is no different than attempting to grasp a wraith,
To see a mural when naught but a blank motif!
Failed it is, water holds not itself in this pail called Faith.
Away from me! Thou art naught but falsely perceived relief.
The only weapon to harm its user, this farce named Trust.
Ah! This deceiving double edged blade!
Shield, protect, defend against it I must!
Many good peoples fall prey, in this manner FOOLS are made.
Trust, trust past the lies and locked doors and untamed lusts?
Fool I was born, but fool I am not, no, I will stand and let this all fade.
I long to see it, feel it, have it but I am sure I will not.
Long ago I realized, but still I try.
Fool I am for ‘tis nothing but such sickness that mine soul does rot.
Love, o plague of plagues! Too many times have thee brought tears to mine eye.
Chase and Hope I do in vain, to gain and keep and hold and cherish is not my lot.
None are shown to be true, through these lies I shall see whether true Love will e’er draw nigh.


No comments:
Post a Comment