Friday, May 6, 2011

Poem: Vision of Demise

Alone in my dreams-silence broken by the screams
Of my pain, my heart, my own inner anguish as within I languish
As I bring to bear the demons in my shadow/the voices in my head.

Alone in my dreams I see what seems to me to be
An outline on the shore, a motionless figure on the sandy shore-
Cold, still, the last breath gone from his broken body.

Alone in my dreams the tide slowly creeps and a chill air seeps
Through the soaked rags of this traveler's cloak
Whilst the clouds overhead roll in and a solitary crow sounds his call.

Alone in my dreams 'midst the storm this forlorn form
Slowly silently stirs in the quiet calm eeriness of the slight moonlight.
First, foremost fathoms he that he fell into his hell, well away from redemption.

Alone in my dreams he, I see, nameless-faceless-displaced-disgraced.
Heartbeat borderline, body broken beyond belief.
In vain I hope for his salvation, reincarnation, rejuvenation.

Alone in my dreams, inside-beside-aside myself I know
That he I see will ne'er be risen again.
Despite my cries the demise of he I see belongs to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment