Monday, February 1, 2010

Prose: How Did We Get Here?

Do you ever wonder what happened to us?
What happened to those days before?
Full of innocence and dreams?
Things were simpler and we knew all the answers.

I remember the day we kissed,
In full view just to make someone jealous.
I used to wait for you outside class.
Watching you ride away at day’s end.

We talked on the phone,
Making plans and wild designs,
Figuring out the future,
Sure it would follow our desires.

Thinking now, I see how wrong we were,
Oh! How we had no idea what the future
Held in store for the innocent dreamers.
Plans failed, dreams died, and here we are.

Years, miles, and hearts away from where we were,
We stand here, looking back on everything that was
And everything that is, and everything we wanted,
It’s all different, maybe we went wrong, and maybe we just went.

Not sure if it went right or wrong,
I just keep going, left right left.
We make life what it is, not the opposite,
But I have to wonder, how did we get here?

No comments:

Post a Comment