So many, so much, so little, close to nothing.
Everything and nothing is what it all means.
It’s the world and a curse.
Like a drug, like heroine.
I want it, I crave it, I need it.
I get it, it’s good. I don’t have it, it’s horrible.
I know what it does, the effect you have on me.
I’ve told you before, you’re my heroine,
My drug, my addiction.
But like all addictions, there are only two outcomes.
You give in and it finally kills you,
Or, you do what hurts the most,
Lay it down, give it up, and walk away.
I can no longer give in and I’m not sure
I have the strength to walk away.
But I have to try.
You want both worlds but you can only have one.
You’ve made your choice and I won’t
Try to change it, it’s no longer my concern.
I laid it bare as you asked, you chose.
Now it is time for me to make mine,
To choose. Not what I want, but what is best.
I have to lay it down. I have to walk away.
It is simply time for me to.
It is time that I must now forget you.
Monday, February 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment