Monday, February 1, 2010

Poem: Sentry of Thine Heart

Yes, I am here, standing by your side,
The one that wiped the tears e'ery time you cried.
I am your strength, your shoulder to lean on,
Holding you in my arms 'til the morning dawn.
I am the one who feels your pain.
I guide you on your way through mist and rain.

But e'er there always am I,
I am not the vision in thine eye.
No, not I-how foolish of me to think
From Love's cup with me thou woulds't e'er drink.
For powerful and enchanting I certainly am not,
Fame and fortune ne'er have I sought.

I am not the king, the prince, or e'en the knight.
Thus Fate hath destined me out of thy sight.
Yet and still by your side I stay,
Hoping (if Hope be true) that thou would see me one day.
Perhaps in the corner of thine eye or a passing glance,
All I deign to ask is one-oh! but one chance.

I hear thy silent weeping which others cannot hear.
I stand gaurd like a shadow, scarce seen but e'er near.
Here I stand a faceless man, longing for you to see,
Praying (if God be real) that you woulds't come away with me.
Yes, still, here I am by your side,
Waiting, your ship to carry you out with the morning tide.

No comments:

Post a Comment