Monday, February 1, 2010

Poem: I and My Maid

There she sat, more beautiful than day,
That maiden blest, over whom my soul rejoices;
She, e'er fairer than flow'rs born in May,
There she sat, singing a song heard o'er all angelic voices.

Pondered closely did I her form before mine eyes:
Her hair a halo, a waterfall of gold,
Her voice, on the wings of the air I heard it rise.
All the while my heart pounding in mine heart to speak, were i so bold.

I bade my feet to follow my sight,
To take me to my Love, ere she flew away.
Thus, with gentle bound at her feet did I alight,
Her sensual gaze captivating me, holding me in sway.

"Dearest maid," began I,
"Confess my Love I must to thee,
"No river deep, nor valley low, nor mountain high
"Hath yet kept neither thine beauty nor song from me.

"Ask of me, my Love, and I shall give.
"Demand of me, my Love, my heart, e'en mine very soul.
"For only by your side canst I live,
"Only by thine Love canst I e'er be whole."

And whispered she in mine ear,
"Arise! My Love! And take mine hand!
"For here have i remained, waiting for thee, my dear.
"Grant me thine heart and thine Love, this be my demand!"

And arise did we, I and my maid,
Rejoicing in the Love of Love, one in heart,
In our eternal bliss, like a mountain glade,
E'er to stay, to ne'er depart

No comments:

Post a Comment